Friday, June 28, 2019

Cross country

Hello, I hope you are having a nice day. 


Today I will tell you how our cross country went. We had our cross country at Walter Park like we always do. We walked down there in groups and it probably only took us 5-10 mins. Once we were there the teacher lay down the tarpaulins ( It’s kind of like a car cover ) for us to sit on.  ( Instead of the wet grass.) It was a nice morning so I hoped that it would be nice when I ran. The year 8 girls ( Thats me ) had their race second after the year 8 boy. We did stretches and warm ups to get ready for our run.  


When our race rolled around I was nervous ( Like I always am )  I was planning to beat my score from last year. Last year I got third which I was quite proud of myself. I was thinking that I could get a place again, but I didn’t know if the other had been training. When we went to line up to get ready to run I waited for the go and trying to tell myself not to go so fast at the start. I ran        ( But not sprinting ) I saw people pass me. I saw one of the last but I gradually made my way up coming second in the race, I am super happy that I made it there. I guess I’m to zones again. 


Do you like running? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:

Positive - Something done well

Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what we had to say

Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about