Friday, November 23, 2018

Athletics


This term at school we have been practising for Athletics. But we finely had it at Rawhiti park. 
When we arrived to Rawhiti park, it was spitting, they told every one where to go, the boys where doing the field events first and the girls where doing the track event's like, Sprints and Long Distance. 

First of we had was Sprint's, which I got forth in 100m sprint, then it was on to Long Distance. 
We had to run three laps around the track, we all lined up ready to go, waiting for the sound of the clap. Off we went, I wasn't going to sprint at the start because I wanted to save my energy for the end. I moved in closer to the inside of the track, so I would have to run less of a distance, so far that I could tell is that I was coming fifth place, soon some of the front girls where getting tired, so i went in front of some of them. Near the end of the last lap, I tried to spring as fast as I could but, I had no energy left. I crossed the finish line in second place. I was pretty proud of my self. 

On the field events I didn't do as good, in shotput and discuss. One of my favourite field events are long jump, I came fourth in that two witch is good. Near the end of the day it started to pour down with rain, witch was lucky considering that we where done. We waited in shelter, till the bus arrived. 

What do you like doing in Athletics ?

Image result for athletics

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:

Positive - Something done well

Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what we had to say

Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about