Wednesday, April 11, 2018

My trip to ferrymead and walking the Bridle path

On Friday my Hub went to Ferrymead and we did the Bridle path.

The group that I went in to was the 1800s. The first group to go. When we arrived to Ferrymead. There was are guide.  He told us in the 1800s the children had to have, straight spine if they did not they would strap wood to them to make them straight. 2 He also said that children were seen but not heard, and that included with there parents. 3 They had to keep there shoes tidy co they were hand made and  cost a lot of money. He took us to get changed in to the olden day cloths. Two women showed us our clothes that we had to wear. After that they took us to a room and this was were we left our bags. then we all split up in to group with teacher and parents.

My groups first activity was the play area. There was A few hola-hops made out of bamboo, and you had to try make it run around for as long as possible with a stick. Me and Beccy tried it, too me awhile to get it but it was FUN. Then Beccy and I found the stilts, I think I got  it up once but didn't walk on it. So I tried Croquet, It was fun after we finished the first round. But then Beccy and I got told that it wasn't like golf but you that to swing it through your legs then hit it. It was a lot harder that way, but still fun. So the last one I tried was when you had to twist a circle with three different colour and there was string tied to it. There was bubbles and a fish hook game.

Are second rotation was going to school. we lined up boys, in one line and girls in another line. The teacher we had was Miss Tomas. She said something like. " I hope you haven't got dirt under your nails again. From yesterday". She was really strict she told the boys to put there hats on the hook. in the class room the girls sat on the right side and the boys on the left, I saw quill pens and a ink hole. I saw a book on my table I was sitting next to Beccy. There was a book there, Miss Tomas said to turn to the first page there was a song we had to sing to Queen Victoria. Then we had to read some stuff that I can't remember. Then it came to writing, she said that we had to copy a linked piece of paper and we had to trace it. My pen wasn't working so our principle Mrs Earl help me, then Miss Tomas hit her cane on the her table and I got a fright. She said to put are pens down and she collected are paper. Then she told us get our black board out and out chalk and to do your 7 times tables. I was all under pusher and racing them, when she came around to see them so taped my board with her cane. So I think I got it right.


Then it was time to go to the bakery where we made biscuits well we waited we had lunch. After that it was time to do the bridle path, which was hard we went down the Gondola and it stopped about 4 or 6 times. I was with Lilly, Monique, Claudia, Amber and are principal. We were the first people on the bus.

Questions

Have you ever been on the Gondola before?   



  

2 comments:

  1. That was an interesting look at what school was like for your great great grandparents. I don't think i would have liked it. Yes, i have been on the gondola with you when you were little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I liked how you explained your trip to ferrymead I hoped you had a lot of fun
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:

Positive - Something done well

Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what we had to say

Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about