Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Swimming lessons

In term 1, week 5&6 we are doing swimming lessons! I am really excited to do it, because we usually have to wait to Term 4. When I go swimming I'm usually in the lowest group but this year I was in the middle group, which I am so happy about. Our school is swimming at Qell ( Which stands for Queen Elizabeth the 2nd) I used to think that is was called "Kiwi 2." Qell is a new pool that re-opend, because the old Qell got destroyed in the big 2011 earthquake. Senior students at my school (which is me) need to have a buddy to look after. The year 7&8's buddy up with the year 1&2's.

In my swimming group our teachers name is Becky. I really enjoyed being in this swimming group because it was a challenge. One time Becky made as swim 100m freestyle and 100m backstroke and 100m breaststroke non stop. When she told us to do it I was shocked at first, because I had never done this before, but I was up for a challenge. I waited for the faster people to go, so I could go after them. I was fine doing freestyle for 50m, but after that I was very tired. I was wondering on how I would go on the next. But after that backstroke and breast stroke was relaxing. I was so happy that I did it, but Becky said we had to do it all over again tomorrow and that's what we did. ( Becky was fun I really enjoyed having her as my swimming instructor! )

Swimming was fun some times, but Becky made us swim with no googles, which was hard because I kept banging into the lane rope. But I kind of liked it. ( Not banging in to the lane rope though.) For the last three days it was fun because we did water safety. On the first day of water safety, we had life jackets on and we had to look after are buddies in the water, we had to make all kinds of huddles in the water to keep warm. ( We were not allowed to wear our googles during the three days of swimming safety)

The second day of water safety day, we also had life jackets on, but this time we went on a blow up boat with our buddies. They manged to get every one on the boat (sitting on each side of it. It was a small boat too) Then we had to fall off the boat backwards into the water. When it was me and my buddies turn to did it she was scared so the swimming instructor helped her off. When it was my turn I fell backwards into the water, then we all made a huddle.

For the third and finale day of swimming/water safety. We came in our pj's. ( We had to wear our winter ones ) If was fun to swim in our Pj's. For the past two weeks swimming has been really fun!


Do you like swimming?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:

Positive - Something done well

Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what we had to say

Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about