Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Wainui school camp. ( YMCA)

Hello every one,

And i'm back from camp. The camp I went to was up at Wainui and it was called YMCA, which I really don't understand, why there theme song isn't (Y M C A you can do anything... ) but the camp was really cool, my brothers went there when they were year 8 or year 7 and they really liked it, so I was pretty existed to go myself. All though it it was a long drive I really liked it, apart from tramp to camp, which is a three hour long tramp through a hill side all the way to camp, let me tell you that is not fun when you got a heavy back pack on you and you are walking up hill.

these are the activities I got to do.

1. Tramp to camp
2. High ropes
3. Camp fire
4. Archery
5. Kayaks
6. Orienteering
7. Raft build
8. Coasteering
9. Outdoor living
10. Break out edu and sport
11. Search and rescue

There were a couple things I found challenging in camp. The first one would be tramp to camp, but that's only because I was walking up hill and it was slippery! Another was high ropes but I probably chose the worst one to do because it  was all wobbly and dose not help my confidence. The thing I was climbing was like a huge wooden ladder and i'm the mouse trying to climb it and it's wobbling every where, but i'm pretty proud of my self because I made it quite high on it. Another one was Archery because I was using the the wrong had for the bow, then I tried the left handed bow and I did the same thing. The last one is Kayaks, this one probably wouldn't be here but I was doing it in a double, and I was sitting at the back of the kayak, and let's say I almost tipped the boat a few times. ( almost!)

There were a few things I learnt on camp and I'll start that off with kayaks. I learnt lots of things in Kayaks, although I went Kayaking when I was younger I forgot all about it, I learnt how to paddle  back wards how to turn and how to stop. 

My favourite thing in camp was costarring because we got to climb up slippery rock and jump of a high one into the ocean.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:

Positive - Something done well

Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what we had to say

Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about